EOY Essay | Teen Ink

EOY Essay

April 11, 2017
By AJBlanchard13 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
AJBlanchard13 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Mrs. Wood, was my science teacher, friend, and someone who always helped me. 8th grade was a new year, and I had no clue what to expect. I had the basic four classes: Math, Science, English, and Social Studies. Mrs. Wood was my science teacher; it was one of my easiest classes. Either way, this class was important, because it can affect what high schools I could attend the following year. I needed a friend who could help me along the way, and I found that person in Mrs. Wood.

      

Science in my opinion is the most fun subject in school. The first day of Mrs. Wood’s class, I was pretty nervous, but it was pretty easy; she basically just told our class things about herself. Stuff like how she has 2 kids, and she  always wears sunscreen every day on her skin. The days after she gave out a lot of work. After a few days of class the work didn't affect me at all: if you just pay attention and listen, the class will be a lot easier. If I had a question, Mrs. Wood would be right there to help out.

      

Science mostly came easier to me frequently. I could answer all the questions, and I had my hand up to answers a lot of questions. I never really needed after class help. But if I needed it, Mrs. Wood would have helped me. She always helped me if I had any questions about anything. I could always depend on her to help me become a better student.
  

From the first day of Mrs.Wood’s class to the end, Mrs. Wood was always there for me. She was always a laid back teacher, was chill with all the students, and loved to teach us every day. We learned about waves, clouds, weather, etc. She always had everyone's back; if someone had a problem about anything, she would talk about it with them. If I was struggling in her class, she would find a way to help me improve my grade and make me a better person overall.

     

Without Mrs. Wood,  I don’t know where I would be right now as a person, friend, and a student. Mrs. Wood is a great role model for all her students. She’s one of the biggest role models in my life. I would like to thank her for everything she has done for me and how she helped me be more successful in life. Mrs. Wood is my nomination for Educator of the Year.