Ms. Metz | Teen Ink

Ms. Metz

By DelaniSheehan BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware
DelaniSheehan BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware

I don't even know where to begin, Ms.Metz was such a great person. She made me feel like I was one of her kids. Ms. Metz was my sixth grade English teacher at St. John the Beloved. I chose her as my nominee for Educator of The Year because she made a huge impact on my side with everything she did. She was always happy and very creative and energetic during class.
Ms. Metz was a good teacher because she was very caring in many ways. Some examples were that she took everyone into her arms like the kids she didn't have. We also prayed everyday before class, and we always had the chance to offer our own intentions if we desired. She also made sure we were all prepared for our quizzes and test, and she made the preparation fun because we had a different game for every lesson.
She was very funny because she was always happy and was always ready to teach us more everyday. Ms. Metz also always gave us writing prompts everyday. We would have to write the prompt and then answer in our own unique way, and almost everyday we would get to share or present them.
She was very creative because she always had new ways for us to learn. Ms. Metz also always included or tried to incorporate current events into the lesson, or she would take past events that made a big difference or change in our lives now. Ms. Metz also made a new game for every new lesson we did; some different games were new to her too. Every time we had a writing prompt, it was different too; some were more serious and some were funny, and all were free responses.
In conclusion, I think Ms. Metz deserves this nomination because I feel she made a decent impact on everyone she had that year. Everyday we had her class, it didn't feel like we were learning; it felt like we were just hanging out and having fun with friends, even though we were more like family. For all these reasons and more she’s my choice for TeenInk’s Educator of The Year.