Seewon Song EOY | Teen Ink

Seewon Song EOY

By Seewon BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Seewon BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Mrs. Foxwell
Mrs. Foxwell works at BSS, or Brandywine Springs School. She teaches business, and the way she teaches is very different than other teachers. The way she teaches is remarkable; she teaches like a kindergarten teacher, but the life skills and concept we learn are far more advanced than the information a regular business teacher teaches. With this style of teaching I learned many things to help me in what she called the “Business World.” She also taught us not to be average but be the best of the best. Mrs. Foxwell is also a great influence because of the environment she sets for the class, and the way she thinks, talks, and teaches.
Like I said Mrs. Foxwell has her own way of teaching; though she teaches like a kindergarten teacher, I’ve never left her class saying “I have no idea what she is talking about.” She never failed to teach multiple life skills in just a couple of years. She taught me about entrepreneurship, which is a person willing to take risks while building their own business from scratch. Mrs. Foxwell is an entrepreneur; she made her own business from scratch and maintained it while teaching business for many years, which is incredible. Mrs. Foxwell’s classroom environment is very welcoming. When you walk in the classroom, you’re welcomed with a room full of lights and decorations, and she always treats us like her own children and treats us equally.
Mrs. Foxwell’s attitude was always positive; there wasn’t a single day I came into her room and she was sad or in a bad mood. She was always happy to see us, she always had a smile, and she was never mad unless we did something wrong. Mrs. Foxwell is one of the most patient people I’ve ever met; she has to deal with a bunch of 12-13 year olds. I can even imagine how stressed she was everyday, yet she always had a smile, and she never seemed overwhelmed or sad. Mrs. Foxwell always had something planned every class, whether it was learning about entrepreneurship or time management; she always taught very well and with a positive attitude.
Mrs. Foxwell has made a huge impact in my life. She has helped me improve my creativity, entrepreneurship, confidence, and communication skills. She boosted these skills by having us make a business and present it to multiple adults and our classmates. Mrs. Foxwell also helped us prepare for the business world; her motto was NIKE’s motto “Just do it” because if you procrastinate or put off an assignment for later, you’ll get caught off guard, and that assignment will be needed when you don't have it done.Mrs. Foxwell also teaches us about time management, and how to monitor it, by having assignments due at many different times, which allows us to use our time management to the best of our abilities.
I think that Mrs. Foxwell deserves this because she is an excellent teacher, a good role model, and an inspiring entrepreneur. She has made a huge impact in my life by improving my communication skills, my confidence, first impressions, time management, and more. Mrs. Foxwell is truly the best teacher I’ve had and I’m glad I had Mrs. Foxwell as my business teacher, and I think that she deserves the title “Educator of the Year”.