Educator of the Year Nomination | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year Nomination

April 5, 2017

There is a science, technology, engineering, and math teacher who has really effected my life; Mr. Lee in my opinion is the best teacher because he always helped me and others to get done what they need to get done. He also did whatever he could to motivate his students to do better in school.

Mr. Lee has a great sense of humor and cracked a joke now and then. The funniest time in his class was when everyone was one the computers and he took control and changed there screens to different things, and no one had a clue what was going on.

The projects in Mr. Lee’s class were all fun, exiting, and everyone could participate in them. One of my favorite projects was the 3D printed cell phone case. This project was hard, but it paid off because everyone got a free custom case. When I brought my project home, my dog chewed my project when I wasn't looking. I had no idea what my excuse would be because “my dog ate my homework” is the oldest one in the book. So I picked up the pieces and brought the case in; he believed me and helped me with a new one. This showed that Mr. Lee is cared for his students; He was sympathetic toward me and my partner.

Mr. Lee was scared at first to trust us with the tools and equipment in the lab, but once we got to know him, he gained our trust, and we could use the lab tools. Mr. Lee was also very smart and not many questions could get by him unanswered.

All in all Mr. Lee is a great teacher. He cares for his students and believes all of them can do great things. He has a great sense of humor, and he motivates his students the best he can. Even the worst students in the school did Mr. Lee’s work because he is suck a good educator. Mr. Lee is great in what he does, and it really showed in my three years of being in his classes in middle school. For all these reasons, he's my nomination for EOY.