Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

April 5, 2017
By marisa.pullella BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
marisa.pullella BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It is my pleasure to nominate Mrs. Foxwell as Educator of the Year.  Mrs. Foxwell was my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade business teacher at Brandywine Springs Elementary. Mrs. Foxwell, is  is one of the best teachers I have had, and she was an easy choice for Educator of the Year. Truthfully, I am very surprised she hasn’t already won. Mrs. Foxwell has so many wonderful attributes.

 

For starters, Mrs. Foxwell is very kind and caring. She treated all of her students as her own kids. She spread positivity throughout each and everyone in her class. Mrs. Foxwell was very observant to all of her students and their concerns. Our teacher always had faith in us when our confidence was low. Also, she would give extra help to struggling students.


Not only was she kind, she was also helpful. Mrs. Foxwell would always take the time with each student regardless of how busy she was to ensure you understood the material presented. Furthermore, she prepared you and made you understand the challenges you would face as you moved into high school.  She did all of this and still made her class informative and above all else interesting! Mrs. Foxwell had us do interviews as practice for oral presentations. She taught us how to properly shake hands with someone. She taught us all of these things, because she wanted us to be prepared for the ‘real world’.


Mrs. Foxwell taught us in a fun way by rewarding us when we did well in her class. Some of those rewards were playing games instead of classwork on the computers; sometimes, we were given candy and allowed to chew gum. She gave us jobs in class that people have in the business world, and we used them during class everyday. We also got to pick our dream jobs, make fun posters, and other activities.


In closing, Mrs. Foxwell is the perfect choice for  Educator of the Year. I hope that from reading my essay that you too would agree that Mrs. Foxwell is someone who brings passion, fun and a love of learning to the classroom each and every day, and for that I will always be thankful for the time I spent being a student in her class.