Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

January 9, 2017
By JasonKessler BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
JasonKessler BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On the first day of eighth grade, at All Saints Catholic School, I was glad that this was my final year at the school. Coming in from seventh grade, I had heard many good and some bad things about Mrs.Warner, and I previously had a social studies class with her, but she was strict with us. Still, I was a bit nervous to have her.


During the first week of school, Mrs.Warner gave us may games and activities to become acquainted with each other; I was bewildered because in seventh grade she was not so lenient with us. Later that year I learned she liked to care the seventh graders. Even throughout the year we still played games and every week we had a Bible Booster to do. This Bible Booster enhanced our grade , and in a fun way too. Thee consisted of crossword puzzles, word searches, and fill in the blanks. The most fun I ever had in school was Mrs.Warner’s room during the Christmas party. That day we colored, played a reindeer relay dress up game, musical chairs, and guess the Christmas song. Mrs.Warner always had fun at school events. Most of the time, she would dress up better than most students in crazy outfits. One thing you cannot take away from Mrs.Warner is she likes to have a good time.
Even though Mrs.arner was fun she was serious about her work. Three qualities I admire about Mrs.Warner are she is a hard worker, dedicated, and cared about the student. I remember that the day after a social studies test when no one did very well she talked about how this would affect our grade, and how we could improve. Mrs.Warner is dedicated to All Saints, Delaware, Catholicism, and America. On dress downs se would either be wearing one of these five items.  When I stated Mrs.Warner was hard working, I meant it. She would work through her lunch period or late after school to finish her work or to help a student do great in her class. Due to Mrs.Warner’s excellent notes I managed to get good grades in her class.


Every time I walked into her classroom in the morning, I knew that it was going to be a good day. She always had these poster with speech bubbles that would have something funny or something strange a student would say. In Mrs.Warner’s class there was never a down moment: it was a joyful atmosphere. One of the reasons could be that in her notes she would have a funny video that still give us vital information. Another thing I liked about Mrs.Warner is she would engage in our conversations. She would always talk or ask about our sports and what the score was.  Sometimes she would come to see us play. Before class we usually talk about major sports.
I am so glad that Mrs.Warner was my teacher. If I had the chance to go back to eighth grade I would do it again. Some days I wish I was back in her class taking notes. Looking back on it now I wish that was not my final year at All Saints. I will always remember eighth grade, the year of Mrs.Warner’s class. This is my nomination for educator of the Year Award.

 

Yours Truly,


Jason K.