Mrs. Eva Foxwell

My first grade teacher at Brandywine Springs broke her leg, so we were assigned a substitute for the next month.  I was nervous because I liked my teacher and I didn’t want to be stuck with mean teacher for a whole month.  Then, Mrs. Eva Foxwell walked in, and I had no idea who she was, but right away I could tell that she was the nicest person in the world.  Fast-forward 5 years and it was my first day of sixth grade.  I looked at my schedule and saw that I had Mrs. Foxwell and this made me happy.  Over the next three years, Mrs. Foxwell taught me many important things that I will never forget.

Of all of the teachers and coaches I have had in my life, Mrs. Foxwell has been my favorite leader.  In her class, she taught me how to be a successful leader in many ways.  One way was to take charge at school, in class, at work and in all situations.
Mrs. Foxwell also taught me that good leaders earn everyone’s respect.

Mrs. Foxwell is one of the most respected and respectful people I know.  She is always kind to everyone and she treats others the way that she wants to be treated.  She taught me respect in many different ways, but mainly how to be respectful in the business world.  She told me that I need to have a firm handshake and that I should ALWAYS look at people in the eye when I talk to them.  Mrs. Foxwell also taught me that you could earn someone’s respect by working hard to achieve your goals.

In addition to working at Brandywine Springs, Mrs. Foxwell owns an auto-repair company.  She used to be a manager at a bank but she gave that up to teach kids how to be successful.  Mrs. Foxwell told our class how she would cry because of the amount of work she had to do in very little time.  She taught our class that working all night at something you don’t love is very stressful, so you should try and do something you love.  In the end, she taught me that you have to keep you head high and pull through.

I don’t think I have ever worked as hard in any class as I did in her class.  We created our own 28-page business plan to share with her, our parents, other teachers and our classmates.  For my business, I completed market analysis and created a shoe store with all of the necessary business documents.  Although creating a business from scratch was a lot of hard work, I really enjoyed it and learned several lessons that will help me throughout life.

I have had a lot of role models in my life, but one of the biggest is Eva Foxwell.  She taught me leadership qualities, how to be respectful and why you should work hard.  She changed my life for the better and I’m going to aspire to be like her, which is why I am nominating her for Educator of the Year.

Satwiki said...
Mar. 2 at 9:08 am
I loved it so much. I can relate to this because Mrs. Foxwell is also my teacher. She is amazing!!!

Banana creb said...
Mar. 2 at 9:08 am
true story.

michael said...
Mar. 2 at 9:07 am
it was good

Litty.Elvan said...
Mar. 1 at 12:34 pm
How nice of you you this is so true she is very well respected and she is very well respectful, she deserves every last bit of this letter. Love her just like i love this letter. Good Job man

Litty.Elvan said...
Mar. 1 at 12:34 pm

chipmunk said...
Mar. 1 at 12:34 pm
I love it! I agree with you Mrs. Foxwell is my favorite teacher!

Ella said...
Mar. 1 at 12:30 pm
I enjoyed your story very much!This essay is amazing and is going to be very successful! I can relate because so far I have only been with Mrs. Foxwell for a month or less and I have already learned a lot of life lessons!

patrick said...
Mar. 1 at 12:29 pm
I liked this story a lot I think it was great and I do agree the Mrs. Foxwell is one of the nicest people I have every met

patrick said...
Mar. 1 at 12:29 pm

john said...
Mar. 1 at 12:28 pm
i love this story its my fav story of all Mrs Foxwell is the best teacher

john said...
Mar. 1 at 12:28 pm

john said...
Mar. 1 at 12:28 pm

john said...
Mar. 1 at 12:28 pm

john said...
Mar. 1 at 12:28 pm

Jackson said...
Mar. 1 at 12:26 pm
this was really nice and it made me happy to know that Mrs. Foxwell will one of my funnest teachers ever.

Allie said...
Mar. 1 at 12:26 pm
The story was very cute and made me smile.

Allie said...
Mar. 1 at 12:26 pm

Allie said...
Mar. 1 at 12:26 pm

timothy said...
Mar. 1 at 12:26 pm
great story I can really relate Mrs. Foxwell is a great teacher

JESSIE J replied...
Mar. 1 at 12:28 pm
GO TIC TAC TJ