Extraordinary | Teen Ink

Extraordinary

By Clairebearr BRONZE, Pulaski , Wisconsin
Clairebearr BRONZE, Pulaski , Wisconsin

"If you're going through hell, keep going."-Winston Churchill

Mr M. is known around school as the 'cool bald guy'. I have never been in a class that was so accepting and understanding. With him, there's never a fear of being 'wrong', because there is no such thing as being wrong! The assignments that Mr M. always comes up with are inventitive. I remember crying so hard one night when I had to answer one simple question "who am I?". I cried not because it was hard, but simply because I did not know who I was at that time. Through out the class however, I grew to know myself better and to connect with many of the stories we read (mostly the crucible). Without Mr M. to be there making half hearted jokes, drinking way too much coffee and constantly asking about my well-being, I would not be the person that I am today and I would not have found self understanding and learned to love myself.

And so to Mr M,. Thank yu so much for all that you do, for the way you are always happy and for always knowing what to say to make me and my classmates feel better. You are truly amazing!