What Makes a Life Changing Teacher? | Teen Ink

What Makes a Life Changing Teacher?

May 17, 2016
By Anonymous

What Makes a Life Changing Teacher?

Most normal teachers just enter a classroom, pick up a teacher's manual, and read the information to the students. Mrs. Sutton is not normal; she makes coming to school fun.  I consider her my life changer. Every day I look forward to coming into Mrs. Suttons class.  She always brings a smile to my face no matter what kind of day I’m having. She always seems to make me laugh. Mrs. Sutton is an outstanding educator, and has passion for teaching.  It doesn’t matter if you’re the smartest or the dumbest person in the world, if you are in her classroom you will always learn something new.  Mrs. Sutton has encouraged me to work harder on my essays and get better with my reading.  She would always be there to help me, but not just give me the answers.  She expected me to put the work into finding the answers myself.   Mrs. Sutton is the best teacher I have ever had.  I remember coming in to my 8th grade year and English was my worst and least favorite subject. ASeadoo1993fter this year it is one of my favorites, because I now have the confidence that I can read and write.  She helped me learn how to read a lot better and she taught me how to write essay’s like this one.  Mrs. Sutton has impacted my life and taught me things that I thought I would never be able to learn. She has helped me build my confidence.   Now I can get in front of a group of people and give a speech about anything. I’ll admit it, the first day of school she kind of scared me, but then I realized that she wasn’t the normal teacher.  She is a life changing teacher.  I can tell you this for sure, in fifteen years from now I will be able to look back and have a mark in my memory of how Mrs. Sutton changed my life in her 8th grade English class. I am glad that I was lucky enough to get her as my teacher. I wish I could have her as my teacher next year.
 


The author's comments:

This is about your not so normal Teacher.