Mrs.Blum | Teen Ink

Mrs.Blum

By robinsonmorgan BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
robinsonmorgan BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Educator of the Year

Can you think of a teacher that you love? Almost everyone has had a teacher that was an inspiration, a teacher that encouraged you to go beyond what you thought you were capable of achieving.

For me, this teacher was Mrs. Blum. A reason that she inspired me was because she cared so much about her students. One example of this was when she used her own money to purchase books for our required monthly reading. It was at the end of the year, and the students, including me, were having problems finding a new book to read to take a test on. She took the time to ask each of us the kind of book we enjoyed, and she proceeded to buy them for us. That year was when I really started to enjoy reading because she would show me all types of genres I didn't even know about!

Mrs.Blum is my favorite teacher she really inspired me to want to be a teacher. As she taught, she had a way of keeping the class alive and vibrant. She was always excited to teach us something new. She was always positive in her mood. I admired these qualities in her, which has led me towards the possibility of teaching as well. The way in which she would interact with the class, and help the class have made a lasting impact on me.

Lastly, Mrs.Blum was very enthusiastic and fun. Some of my best memories in 8th grade were in her class. One such memory is the time when we went on a field trip. It was an outdoor rock wall and my friend and I wanted to climb the rock wall like the rest of the class. As we were about to start climbing, we realized we needed three people in the group, and it was just the two of us. Mrs.Blum noticed this, and decided that she would be our third person. We didn't even have to ask. As we were climbing, she encouraged my friend and me to climb to the highest point. We couldn’t have done it without her.

That's why I choose Mrs.Blum as my Educator of the Year. I hope that everyone has a similar teacher,as memorable and fun as Mrs.Blum.