Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By Paintedlady19 SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin
Paintedlady19 SILVER, Merton, Wisconsin

I didn’t know what to expect when it came to riding the bus, except for what I had seen in movies and tv shows. Where kids would be loud and obnoxious or throwing stuff across the bus. But I found none of that when the twinkie look alike rolled to a stop in front of me and the door opened. A light came on Illuminating the front part of the bus, depleting the darkness around Kathy. She sits in the driver's seat like a captain standing at the wheel of her vessel. Strong willed and determined to keep everything under control.
The mornings are always quiet; people sleeping, doing homework, or just listening to music while they await their demise on their way to school every day. But, after school is when the gates of destruction open and all caicos breaks lose. The eager and rambunctious children make their ways on to the buses.
The majority of boys are always rowdy and never stay quiet. Kathy keeps those boys under control everyday, even when they shout and argue with her. She keeps her cool and stays level headed, she stays in control.
Kathy is a short woman about 5 foot and 5 inches yet she stands tall.She's always reminded me of my grandmother, but without wrinkles, slightly taller and way darker hair. She's helped me through some of my hard times in the past years i've known her. She helped me by simply talking to me everyday on the way home, almost an hour ride.
Kathy has given me some great advice over the years and continues to do so. I currently have 2 other sisters that attend Arrowhead along with me. They also get advice from Kathy. She's a warm hearted and outstanding person who I think should be appreciated for all the work she's done over the years. Kathy is a captain that stands ready at the wheel of her vessel.