Mr. V | Teen Ink

Mr. V

By WesMeister GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
WesMeister GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

I had a weird vibe about autos. That’s why I waited until my last semester of high school to take it. I’ve never been interested in cars or anything like that (my family isn’t the handy man type, which kind of explains that), but I knew it would be beneficial to be knowledgeable about this topic in life. I will be able to save money and help out friends in the future because of this class. I never knew doing some of these jobs was so simple!
If I haven’t heard only good things about Mr. V, I would not have tried to take Consumer Auto. But because of this, I thought let’s give it a shot. And I was right. He really knows his stuff and he’s good at relating it to life. He does this by sharing his interesting stories from being in the auto mechanic field for so long! He’s even mentioned that Consumer Auto might not be as important as math or English, but he knows it can benefit us in the future. He knows how to keep kids engaged and his style of teaching makes retaining information easy. If there’s ever a kid falling asleep or on their phone, he will make a joke to get them focused.
He makes learning easy going, yet hardworking at the same time; this is because he knows when to joke around and when to get down to business. There have been multiple times this year when the energy in the classroom was down because people were tired, but Mr. V changed it because of his personality!
It’s easy to tell that he loves his job and would do anything in the world to ensure his students understand the subject matter because he cares dearly about his students. I don’t think I would be able to get through autos if it wasn’t for Mr. V! All these reasons are why I’m nominating Mr. Varrelmann for Educator of the Year.