MSGT. Howie: EOTY | Teen Ink

MSGT. Howie: EOTY

By Le_Ebin_Furry BRONZE, Old NewCastle, Delaware
Le_Ebin_Furry BRONZE, Old NewCastle, Delaware

MSGT. Kevin Howie
DMA
I’d like to nominate MSGT. Kevin Howie as Educator of the Year. He is a very great Naval
Science Instructor as he teaches valuable life lessons and uses real world examples
in the learning environment. He also teaches in a way that’s nearly impossible to not
Comprehend. For these reasons, and more, he’s worth the nomination.
To start off, I’d like to state that being in MSGT. Howie’s class has already vastly improved my
knowledge of the Navy and the Military in general. He also uses real world examples (most of
which first­hand) and makes the class interesting. He’s always mixing it up and we never do the
same thing two days in a row. Thus making the class interesting and, dare I say it, fun.
My next point is that he always has a positive attitude in class. Never has he had a negative
attitude towards anyone and is always happy to see us. And on top of all that, he always goes
on (in a good way) about how he never wants to see us fail in life and that he wants us all to
succeed. That alone should be EOTY worthy.
And, I would like to talk about his teaching style. He can do a whole lesson right out of a book,
and no­one would know because of how he interjected real world examples into it. Most of
which being true stories and all of which being related to crucial things in life, ie: drug use and
abuse.
So, in conclusion…
I nominate MSGT. Kevin Howie for Educator of the Year based on his fantastic attitude,
character, and teaching ability. He’s a great teacher and has the ability to make a mundane task
as learning a new lesson into something fun and relatable. Also because of his ability to think
realistically.