The Life Coach | Teen Ink

The Life Coach

By Mix-tape_Booker BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Mix-tape_Booker BRONZE, Houston, Texas

My job, my whole life, I've always had that kind of doubter, people have always doubted me. And I don't know how I would succeed without it. So I welcome it, and it gives me a challenge, and I will see if I can live up to my challenge.

Have you ever had a coach that uses his life experiences as a motivational speech? If you haven't my coach, Coach Broadway would be the perfect example of one. Coach Broadway is always talking to us and giving us examples of his struggles and past experiences to reaching success. When he’s giving us the speech he starts to get a little emotional. This way we know that he’s serious and he wants us to succeed in life and make a name for ourselves.

I’ve only known Coach Broadway for almost a year, and he already feels like the older brother i wish i had. He’s the brother that's there for you. The one that will never let you quit, he motivates me and makes sure you're staying outta trouble. Every time i see Coach Broadway he always has a new story to share with us about his past. He doesn't just share his stories to brag on himself, but he uses them to show that all the struggles you go through can be beat and you can be a successful person in life.

Coach Broadway is also one of the best coaches I've ever had. He knows how to relate to the players. He never lets a person give up on himself, he’s constantly pushing you to do your best and he knows when you're not giving it your all. I remember when we were at basketball practice and we had to run down and backs in ten seconds, and everyone we didn’t make he added one. He even ran with us and he didn’t want to see anybody behind him. I remember him saying, “ I should not be beating you. If i'm beating you that's a problem.” He also said, “ I’m doing this so y'all can get better. I got mine. I’m a give you what you want, but it's up to you if you want it or not.”

This long freshman year is coming to a close, but i will remember everything I've learned here especially what i learned from Coach Broadway. He taught me that if you want something or to be someone in life you have to work for it. It isn't gonna come as easy as you want. Also knowing how hard you worked for what you want it feels a whole lot better than having it handed to you. 

I wrote this article about my basketball coach, Coach Broadway. He is a coach that uses life experiences to get his point across and also so we dont make the same mistakes in life.