The greatest teacher ever known | Teen Ink

The greatest teacher ever known

By Emily43 SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Emily43 SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

The teacher who I think deserves the Educators Award is Matthew Geffers, who teaches at Merrill Middle School, but goes by the name of Mr. Geffers!  He has deserved this in so many different ways.  He helps make the school a better place, shows tons of leadership, and he is the teacher you can always rely on!

Mr. Geffers is a Literacy and Social Studies teacher.  He is one of the nicest teachers you could have.  He shows positive vibes all the time.  He is also a very good leader at Merrill.  Mr. Geffers does not only show pride in what he does, he is also very laid back and learns from other people.  To me that show a lot, because he gets that not everyone is perfect and he can be better as well.  Mr. Geffers also puts a lot of thought and meaning into his lessons.  He connects with his students and continues to push every individual person. He deserves this award.
Have you ever walked into a classroom very nervous because you’re afraid of the teacher, being in a new grade, or even the people in the class????  That directs me to my first point.  With Mr. Geffers being around you NEVER have to be afraid of anything.  He is the teacher who gives you courage, and puts a huge smile on your face every day.  He is always the first one to greet you when you walk through the school doors. He is one of the kindest teachers I have ever met!

One thing that Mr. Geffers commits to, is keeping our school as safe as possible.  He gives up his lunch hour to be outside every day, to supervise us outside.  He supervises our inside and outside recesses.  Through the rain, cold, snow, heat, and the cloudy days.  It takes a lot from a teacher to do that!

The last reason why Mr. Geffers deserves this award is because, if you ask him for something, or to do a favor, he will do it.  You can always rely on him!  He will find some way to make it happen, even if he has no time or if it’s not school related! For example, for me to submit articles in teen ink he has edited some of them for me, to make them 10 times better.  A teacher would only do that if they really cared about their students, and becoming successful.  Mr. Geffers defiantly cares about every student, even if the student doesn’t care.  That shows lots of character in a person!

Mr. Geffers is one of my all-time favorite teachers. I say this with all my heart, Mr. Geffers is one of the teachers who I say that definitely deserves The Educators Award!