Educator of the Year: Mrs. Lester | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year: Mrs. Lester

Mrs. Kristin Lester: Educator of the Year
Imagine a school with a teacher who is always there for you and would help you anytime you needed her to. Mrs. Kristin Lester from Harlan Independent Schools, should be Educator of the Year. Mrs. Lester should be educator of the year because she helps out the school, makes our lessons to where we can understand them, and she is always there for anyone who needs her.
Mrs. Lester does many things to help out the school. For example, when another teacher asks her to watch their class, she does so without complaining. Many teachers complain when they are asked to do something extra, but she doesn't. She may not always want to watch another class but, she does so anyways. Another way she helps out the school is that she decorates both the elementary and high school libraries for holidays and events. Without many of the decorations, the library would look boring, and she doesn’t want that to happen. Also, many of the decorations help you learn something because of the words of encouragement on each of the posters. Therefore, Mrs. Lester helps the school in many different ways.
Furthermore, Mrs. Lester has a great style of teaching. For instance, she makes sure she makes sure to plan out and explain her lessons thoroughly. If a student doesn’t understand, she makes sure to explain the topic, without moving on, until the student understands. Mrs. Lester also relates her lessons to real life situations, making it easier to understand. Another way Mrs. Lester has a great way of teaching would be that she lets us work on assignments in groups. By doing this, we can have group discussions if we don’t understand. This also helps us because we can have a second opinion if we aren’t completely sure about our answer. Thus, the way she explains her lessons helps the student grow in their learning.
Another reason Mrs. Lester should be Educator of the Year is because of how she has helped her students. For example, she would help anyone that asked her to. If someone asked her for advice she would give him or her the best advice she has. Mrs. Lester is a very helpful person because she understands many things that are going on in our lives. For example, a kid in our class was upset one day and Mrs. Lester talked to her. Mrs. Lester helped the kid better understand the situation and she made the kid feel better about herself. Therefore, Mrs. Lester helps her students in a way no other teacher can.
Mrs. Lester is a very kind and considerate person. She should be Educator of the Year because, she helps out the school, she puts our lessons to where we can understand them, and is there for anyone who needs her. Furthermore, Mrs. Lester is a great teacher and does many things that have helped create an impact on her student’s lives.