Educator of the Year: Kristin Lester | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year: Kristin Lester

By Aharriston03 BRONZE, Harlan, Kentucky
Aharriston03 BRONZE, Harlan, Kentucky

Imagine a teacher who lets you embrace your passion by helping others. Kristin Lester is the teacher that would let you embrace your passion. I nominate Kristin Lester for educator of the year, because she is very loving and caring to her students, she makes the class period and the work easier for her students, and she has taught me things about what it’s like to be in the real world.

Mrs. Lester is very loving and caring to her students. For example, if you ever needed someone to talk to she will always be there for you.  I remember one day during October Mrs. Lester cried when we wrote her thank you notes. This shows that, Mrs. Lester is very appreciative for the little things that we students do for her . In addition, Mrs. Lester is very caring to her students and an amazing teacher. Thus, she deserves the educator of the year award.

Mrs. Lester makes the class and the work so much fun. For example, she finds things that we students can relate to which makes it easier on her students. This shows that, she tries to make class easier on her classes because she knows how hard middle school actually is. Mrs. Lester gives us time in class after we finish our work for her, to work on homework that we didn’t get finished at home.  In addition, she knows how hard the schoolwork is so she tries to help us in every way possible. Therefore, Mrs. Lester makes sure that her kids are succeeding in life and in our school work.

Mrs. Lester has taught me so many things about the real world that I never knew before. For example, she has continued to make an impact on my life through what she teaches. When Mrs. Lester teaches about the real world she makes sure to explain everything to where we students can understand it. Mrs. Lester talks about things in reality to help us students better understand the world we live in. Mrs. Lester has made a huge impact on my life. She has showed me that’s it’s okay to be yourself. Mrs. Lester says “God made you how he wants you to be. If your short God made you that way.” She also says “ God grows people to perfection and some of you didn’t take long to get there”. Thus, if she wins educator of the year she can make an impact on others also.

Mrs. Lester, she helps us to explore our passion with her teachings everyday. She also helps her students to prosper in the career that they want to have in life. She’s helped me to find my love for helping others. I could never thank Mrs. Lester enough for the things she has done for me. Therefore, this is why Kristin Lester should be educator of the year.