Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By akeith18 BRONZE, Harlan, Kentucky
akeith18 BRONZE, Harlan, Kentucky

Imagine a teacher full of knowledge that is willing to do anything to see you succeed. I think that Coach Lonnie Huff should be nominated for educator of the year. Coach Huff should be educator of the year because he has taught me how to do algebra for later on in life, how to work with others efficiently, and how to figure out a problem on my own.

Coach Huff has taught me how to use algebra for later in my life. For example, I now know how to do taxes, find the discount and calculate interest rates. So, when I go off to college and maintain my bank account, I will know how to do so. This shows that I will do well when I’m older. Therefore, Coach Huff has taught me many things to help me when I’m older.

He has also taught me how to work with others efficiently. We usually work in groups, which helps us work together and compromise with each other. When we are put in groups we can help each other if we’re confused. Also, while we work together we can learn from each other’s mistakes. Overall, I can now work in groups with others and compromise.

Also if we need help he will teach me how to do the work instead of directly telling us the answer. This helps me learn how to do the problems instead of breezing by, and not knowing what to do. So I can do well on the CATS test. This shows that when I get older I can be independent.  Thus, I can do my work without any help.

When we succeed we are celebrated with the victory of knowledge. Coach Huff has taught many others including myself how to do algebra we can use later on, how to work with others and takes us through the process of solving the problems instead of giving us the answer. Therefore, Coach Huff should win Educator of the Year