Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

October 29, 2015
By 0.hayley.0 BRONZE, New Hyde Park, New York
0.hayley.0 BRONZE, New Hyde Park, New York
4 articles 5 photos 0 comments


                  Our teacher, Michael Meehan, who is an english teacher at Herricks Middle School is a strong inspiration for our work today.You should consider him for teacher of the year because he has inspired countless students’ writing; He’s encouraged them to persue their dreams and write what they wanted. He’s really pushed us to take the steps we needed to, to become stronger writers. He gave us the building blocks to be successful writers. 
He revealed countless techniques for our writing to help it become even greater. We’ve been encouraged to push our minds to see what we were really capable of. We worked and developed a new way of thinking, a smarter way. We can read clearer and are more able to comprehend the material and really think differently.  He has also helped us connect and bring ourselves out in our writing. We can really understand the characters of the story. He’s a funny and interesting person who can actually make learning all the Author’s Craft, and English terms fun and more easily understood.
Also, he runs a course called English Scholars Program (ESP) this program helps young writers become recognized and get their work out there and sometimes even published. The ESP program gives kids a chance to better themselves and their work. It helps them to achieve goals that they had, that couldn’t be done without him. For example, both Hayley and I have work on Teen Ink. I have 8 poems and Hayley has 1.
Mr.Meehan has made writing enjoyable and has had us take our writing a step further in life. We want to show him how much he has impacted our lives, and I think this would be a great gift to show all he has really done for us. We know that he will continue to do these things for not just us, but countless others after.  That is why we feel Mr.Meehan is the best choice for Educator of the Year, he has shown so much love to all his students and will continue to do so.