Ms. Calderone | Teen Ink

Ms. Calderone

May 27, 2015
By Michael Smith BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
Michael Smith BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Business class, something that we’ll actually use in the real world. My business teacher this year, Ms. Calderone, is a fun, humorous, and cool teacher. She always helps me with whatever I need and always makes the day a whole lot better. 

Every day I would come from 5th period naval science, which was fun most of the time, and then go to 6th period business, which was always fun. You could have the most boring day and then when you’d get to business, you’d forget about how boring the rest of your day was. If you said how boring your day was, even if you were just saying it to yourself, Ms. Calderone would hear you and somehow in some way make the boring lesson plan for the class exciting. Instead of sitting at your desk trying to stay awake until class was over, she would make the lesson into an activity so that everyone could join in and have fun.


Most teachers are pretty serious about the subject that they’re teaching. But there are always a couple teachers that find a way to be funny and joke around while still being able to get their work done with the class. Ms. Calderone is definitely one of those teachers. She can relate to most of the students she teaches, including me, which makes getting things done so much easier for everyone. 


Ms. Calderone is one of the coolest teachers I’ve ever had. Not only is Ms. Calderone funny, able to always make the classes exciting, and able to really relate to you, but she’s also a pretty cool and laid back teacher. If you miss a homework assignment, it’s not the end of the world. Ms. Calderone just tells you to make it up the next day. She’ll even help you through the work making sure you understand it no matter how long it takes, even if she has her own work to do. 


I think Ms. Calderone is a great teacher/friend and she definitely earns my Educator of the Year Award. Thank you Ms. Calderone for all of the new things you’ve taught me throughout the year. Also thank you for helping me through the class. You always find a way to make the class better and exciting.