Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By Marissa Macha BRONZE, East Bernard, Texas
Marissa Macha BRONZE, East Bernard, Texas

I would like to nominate Sandra Sandoval, my Spanish teacher for the Educator of the Year award. She teaches both levels two and three of Spanish at East Bernard High School. Mrs. Sandoval is an unique teacher. I’ve had teachers that struggle to make their classes fun while simultaneously teaching and making sure their students learn. For Mrs. Sandoval, this is not a problem. Every day I walk into her class, I know that there will be something interesting lined up. Whether it’s playing Bingo, or “yo gane”, or simply learning grammar, I know that it won’t be dull. She has a wonderful sense of humor and never fails to crack a joke or laugh along with her students. This is not to say that she cannot be tough, however. She has full authority in her classroom, along with the respect of her students. From the first day I walked into her class, I knew that she would be a wonderful teacher that would not only make sure I walked out with all the knowledge I needed from Spanish three, but also someone that would be easy to like and admire. I am truly blessed to have been able to have her as an educator.