Robert Black | Teen Ink

Robert Black

By Elchapitoguzman BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Elchapitoguzman BRONZE, Houston, Texas

The educator of the year award should go to my extraordinary English Teacher Mr. Robert Black. He has helped me make better essays than I used to make. Before I was in his class I use to make two’s or ones on my essay’s or other writing subjects now I get threes and sometimes fours which are good. It is his first year teaching in my school. He is a good teacher because he had sacrifices to make to stay away from his family in order for me and my fellow students to have a good education. In the beginning of the school year I thought he was weird,he said,” When I am happy imagine me as a flower, but when I am mad I will be like an old sensei.” Well he is but in a cool way, and what I mean by cool is that he is funny, because sometimes he would crack a joke. He is also competitive with the other English teachers in my school. He is a very calm person that doesn’t look like he gets mad that much. He has also helped me know what SAR is and helped me get good at it. He is helping us with our research papers that we are doing. I think if he stays in the school he can help all the new freshman that go to his class succeed at being very intelligent, imaginative writers.