Mrs. Hamilton | Teen Ink

Mrs. Hamilton

March 13, 2015
By Corbin1997 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Corbin1997 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

                                 Mrs. Hamilton

   She is 6’4” ex-basketball player. She knows what tough is. She went to the Fighting Irish. This is Mrs. Hamilton and she is a special education teacher at Arrowhead Union High School.
   Mrs. Hamilton has students on her caseload. Which means she get assigned students with a learning disability and specifically helps those students during study hall. She sits in classes so she knows what going on in them. She also co-teaches classes, which helps students on her caseload understand the class more during their study halls. Later, she helps struggling students. She helps students every day, even if they are not on her caseload. Also she helps people she has never met. Mrs. Hamilton is eager to meet new students that she can help. She was even excited to help me when she first meet me.
   Mrs. Hamilton knows what to do when her students come up to her and say a class is hard and they can’t do it. She will go and talk to the teacher to understand what the student is supposed to do. I have never seen someone move from class to teacher, and then back to class to help so many students at once. She has to be drinking coffee every hour to stay up and moving and not be tired.
   When walking into the learning center, Mrs. Hamilton is always working with a student -- and she will not just work with that student. She will work with multiple students at once,moving from one back to the other student.  
   Mrs. Hamilton has been my case manager since my junior year of high school. I take all of my tests in her room especially for Spanish--Spanish class is hard. I have a learning disability in reading and writing, and I am a slow learner. English is also hard for me. So imagine me trying to learn a new language. It is one of the hardest things I have done.
   When I was struggling, I went up to Mrs. Hamilton and said I failed Spanish my first year and I needed help. She said, “No problem I have not looked at Spanish since college, but let me take a look!!!”
   She was so happy to help me. I could not believe it. She looked over my notes and then said, “Ohhh, I remember this. Okay. Let’s do this. You won't fail it this year!!” That was the best news I had heard in a long time.
   I knew she was there to help me. And because of her, I got a B in the class and I now like learning Spanish. She helped me with my homework everyday during my study hall. Then I understood it and did better on the test. I look at school in a whole new way with Mrs. Hamilton.
   Mrs. Hamilton a 6’4” ex- basketball player with a passion of helping people in need and she will go down in my books as the best teacher I have ever had and will never forget what she has done for me.


The author's comments:

She is the best the best teacher ever!