Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

March 13, 2015
By Hamzah1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Hamzah1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Mrs. Alameer

               I wasn’t fond of school and I hadn’t been in any of her classes. But still, she was the person who always supported me. She was my private teacher and she was my mom. She has brought a smile to my face. She’s a leader, a captain and a fabulous person. Her name is Mrs. Alameer. She is about 50 and no makeup on. Nevertheless, she is the prettiest women in my eyes.
               My Arabic teacher, my mom, stands just about 5’1’’ and it’s hard to see her in the hallways. But her voice is like a symphony in my ears. I listen closely to what she says and it gets transferred to my brain. Being an Exchange student is hard. I call her in the middle of the night to get advices, and the phone is always picked up. She is brilliant, knowledgeable and inspiring.
             As I entered high school, Arabic wasn’t my favorite subject. However, Mom changed that and made Arabic the most astonishing subject. She sang songs to please me at my hardest times. She was always there whenever I needed help. I used to invite friends over and she would sit down with us and explain with her specs on, what was hard for us.
             The reason why I chose her as my favorite teacher isn’t because of one reason, but because of million reasons. I am lucky to have her in my life. She was the one who sustained me to keep on applying for the Exchange Program after I thought I’d be ruled out. And now, I have been accepted as a Foreign Exchange Student and an Ambassador of my country, Yemen. She believed in me and that is what made her special and a big part of my life.
           I wish I had the chance to attend all of her classes. The stories I heard and the good things I hear make me proud of her. I’d like to give a big thank you to my mom for being you. You awarded me with one thing--you had faith in me.