Michael Reitemeyer | Teen Ink

Michael Reitemeyer

January 30, 2015
By Dreaa SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Dreaa SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments


Michael Reitemeyer
Math Teacher

Michael Reitemeyer
He would walk in at the end of the period every day of my IMP1 class. It was his class room of course. He would through in a few sny corny jokes here and there and help out our teacher, Mr. Gordon, because he was new and we weren’t always the nicest to him. Throughout the first half of the year I shared a few conversations with him and always make jokes with him. I would call him my best friend and he would just laugh. I didn’t know him that well but I just got a really good vibe from him.
The 3rd marking period came and I myself finally got to experience him as a teacher and witness all his somewhat harmless sarcasm. I loved his class, I was a part of a cp class but I got all honors work. He never just handed me the answers. He would really make me work for it and figure it out practically on my own. I would ask him simple questions and he would tell me I should know and a little smirk would follow. He would turn our math problems into real scenarios and make you want to figure them out, at least I did. He started a new system were we were tested almost every time we had his class.it was to see what or if we were learning I guess. It just encouraged me to start studying more often because I hated having low scores.
Not only was he a great teacher but he was great to talk to. He is a good listener and offers good solutions to many of my problems. Whether I’m having my latest teen drama or its school related, he always gave me good advice and feedback on my situation. There have been times I have broken down a cried in his class room over things I would now consider irrelevant and he always helped me through. It’s funny he would take my situations and somewhat analyze them and put together a few different solutions for me to consider. Another time he really helped me was when I was being bullied and he witnessed it. Instead of turning his head like everyone else in the hall he reported it. I love talking to him and being in his class. I can truly say I think he cares about me, my well-being, and my future. He can always make me laugh even when I’m really down. I just had a conversation with him the other day about how he wants me to go to college and to not make any stupid mistakes that can take that from me.
Not only is he a great passed teacher of mine but he is a great remodel and friend too. I plan on taking his calculus class next year and I can’t wait. No doubt do I think that Mr. Reitemeyer deserves to be Teacher of the Year!

This will certify that the work above is completely original.