my teaccher of the year | Teen Ink

my teaccher of the year

By emajor97 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
emajor97 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Who is my favorite teacher of the year? I will have to give that award to my tenth grade biology teacher Mrs. Gracie. Since day one I knew me and Mrs. Gracie were going to get along and have that bond. She is a nice and respectful teacher and I always looked forward to her class. She found a way to make the lessons fun and class was never boring.  When I look at my other teachers there is no comparison to Mrs. Gracie.
Mrs. Gracie is a respectful and caring individual. She cares about students in her class and how well they do. Only if you want to do well but if you waste her time and don’t care she won’t pay much attention especially if she tried to help you. I have also known people that go to Mrs. Gracie just to talk about things outside of school. Mrs. Gracie was even somebody that I talked to about my issues because she listens and understands what I go through. I also like how she believed in me throughout her class knowing that I was going to do well. If I needed to stay after school she was there or if I missed work she would give to me. Most teachers are not like Mrs. Gracie that often
The lessons that Mrs. Gracie had planned were never boring. We would always do labs most classes and I actually learned from those labs. I had fun with the labs that we did in biology.  I remember this one lab that we did where we had to dissect cow eyeballs. We were learning about the parts of eye and different characteristics of the eye. I enjoyed that because dissecting was something I never done before. Mrs. Gracie thought of something creative to do for lab which was something I enjoyed.  Even the videos we watched or whatever she had planned for that day, she mad it exciting.
Another thing about Mrs. Gracie is that she is well respected. She is nice to her students but only if they are as well. Most people that she teaches know to not take advantage of her because she is kind. Mrs. Gracie will kick you out of class if your behavior is out of control.  She does not hesitate so I would suggest staying on her good side. I like that fact that she is that she is a great teacher but does not have a problem discipline you. Mrs. Gracie always keeps her classes under control
I think more teachers should be like Mrs. Gracie. She has a great personality and all the good qualities of teacher. She also does not let students get out of control just because she is nice. Mrs. Gracie in my opinion definitely deserves teacher of the year