The Woman from B202 | Teen Ink

The Woman from B202

February 3, 2015
By L__Nicolee BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
L__Nicolee BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Meeting this woman was not intended, believe me. In a way it was like an accident turned into a blessing in disguise. To keep it more than honest, I joined her classroom to be recognized by this boy I was into. Little did I know I would be signing myself up for a life-changing experience. You ever catch yourself in the moment where you believe you have it all figured out, then you realize you do not.
That was me, the girl who thought she knew. Once in your lifetime, you will meet someone unexpectedly. It does not really dawn on you how important that person will be. She is that and that is her. Words cannot explain her character and demeanor. If I could I would, when times are tough she begins to support me more than my spine does. Walking into her classroom every day is like welcome home without her saying anything.
Something like a drill sergeant she is heard loud and clear but yours till drawn to her. So much gratitude to her flows in my veins. Days where I slouch in her office wiping off my tear stained cheeks, her arm leans over for comfort. I do not even see her as a teacher she is more than that. Spectacular, loving, dedicated, she is one and only. She has raised a whole family, family that is not too far away from home.
A whole avid family foundation was born in her hands. Which I believe not that many people in our high school realize the impact this woman has on our lives. If you are not from B202 then you would not understand the bond that has been built. While we all sit at our tan tables with the dark blue chairs, I can comfortably look at everyone around and say that is my brother or sister. It sounds all sweets and games but at times its not! That certain day hits you where you’ve been slacking in class. She will most definitely chew you out and steer you right. She could probably tear down Goliath with just words!
No matter if you admit or not, you do catch yourself wanting to pick up a stapler and take action. But within seconds your under her mother wings. The craziest thing is I could not see such an amazing woman figure not in my life. A strong independent fierce woman I will soon be without. This angel of mine will be moving to Florida soon and I will have to cope without her. But its okay cause even through distance I know she is still close to me. Im writing this essay so I can give my thanks to this special lady.
For supporting me through my worse times, my headaches, for staying on top of me, being tough on me and pushing me, so much more as well. Thank you, most of all for nurturing each and every student as your own. So when I’m walking across the stage in 2016, I will spot your face through thousands and nod because I did it. So you want to know who she could be? As confident as can be, I walked into the class. I peered over and seen the boy. I heard the straight to the point rattle and say, “Hi Alexis I am Mrs. Ford.” She is her and she is one amazing woman.

 


The author's comments:

My Avid Teacher, Teacher of the Year Article