Gee… | Teen Ink

Gee…

January 29, 2015
By AniyahT SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
AniyahT SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I'm sitting at my desk tapping my pencil, getting more and more frustrated to the point where I just give up, put head down and just think to myself… forget I'm just gonna fail. About five minutes later I feel a tap on my shoulder and she points down to my desk there is a note "Aniyah you got this, I don't know what's bothering you but you need to keep going" That right there really shows me how much she cares and want me to really do well.

Going into my sophomore year I heard everyone's opinion on Ms.Gee "She is so Moody you wouldn't like her" "She is so mean" "She giving people detentions". My first day in her class I could remember me sitting there saying to myself yeah I'm probably not going g to like her. My attitude from the first day in her class until my last day definitely has changed so much. I could now never see myself disrespecting her because of how she helped throughout the year.

English was never my favorite subject but my sophomore year I was actually interested in English just because of Ms.Gee. The first marking period wasn't my best but as the year went on I ended up getting around a 90 the 4th marking period. I really loved how Ms.Gee would actually pay attention and tried everything to help not even just me but anyone needed help out. Of course everyone has there ups and downs but by time the next class came around I got over what ever the problem was and continued on. I remember one day I was having a bad day and I was not in the mood for anything. A paper I had turned in had got lost some how and I had got into a little argument with Ms.Gee about it. After class I realized I was also taking my anger out on her and I went to her class and I actually had talked to her about it and we worked everything out.

Looking back on everything we did in the year, I've had some funny times in her classroom. Her teaching method is very understanding. I'm the type of person who learns better when the teacher can help you individually when you don't understand it while she's teaching the whole class. I also like to see multiple examples of how to do something so that I can relate my work to the examples and have something to refer to.

Ms.Gee is seriously a sweetheart, all the negative comments I heard and hear about her really bothers me because she is one of my favorite teachers. To have a teacher push you and motivate you every day you have there class is seriously the best thing ever, Especially when you're trying so hard to stay on top of your grades. Till this day every time I see Ms.Gee in the hallway I always open my mouth and speak to her. I respect her and I love her as a teacher.