Spanish Teacher, Ms, Colon | Teen Ink

Spanish Teacher, Ms, Colon

By Love,LowLow SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Love,LowLow SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

You never know how strong you are until
being strong is the only choice you have

Bob Marley

Spanish Teacher, Ms, Colon
She's short, she's spontaneous, she's a wonderful crazy, and she’s Ms. Colón. Starting my second year of Spanish I was nervous; I didn't know anything about you. I remember my first day you told us that we might not love you now but in the end we will. From that moment forward I knew I was going to like you.

She is just that type of teacher that can connect with anyone. When I came to school early I would stop in your room. We have had so many conversations; we would talk about our families, school and even how to make the class better. She is a sweet and caring person always there to listen to me or anyone who needed someone to talk to. She could cheer up anyone's bad day, and knew if something was going wrong she knew what to say to make it right. 

She is very unique person and she tends to help everyone no matter what. Her way of teaching impressed me. There were students who didn’t want to be in her class from the beginning but it was hard to find something bad by the end of the semester. Our class was great! We would have fun projects; many of them helped us learn more about the Spanish culture. Presenting my projects helped me get over my stage fright.

She is big figure in our school as a teacher; she works with the student government, helps out with the proms, homecoming or any dance in general. Also, our famous part of student gov. the hallway wars even though we juniors won over her sophomores, just to tell you batman rules. You’re truly a teacher who participates in everything, whether it's funky hat day, mix match clothes day you do it. Such an outgoing teacher, always there to want everyone to be involved.

You are a wonderful Spanish teacher and I will miss being in your class. Now that I take world history. I will be back to your class whether to stop by or if I consider taking Spanish three. I loved you from the beginning Ms. Colón and I will love you forever. I will be back and come visit you even after I graduate, you are the best. That's why you’re my educator of the year.

I hope people will understand that you can get very close to any teacher no matter if you don't even know it. What inspired me was my teacher the thing's she has done for me.