Mr. Lee | Teen Ink

Mr. Lee

January 27, 2015
By sandyswitch SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
sandyswitch SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I use to see him standing at the door close to his room then I was a freshman. He never smiled when he stood at that door and that gave me my first impression of him. I did not know him but I knew not to go towards that door when he was there. People had different opinions of what they thought of him and still have now.
Some say he is mean, some decide not to like him but what I will agree about him is that he is strict. That’s one of the reasons why I think he is the good teacher. Being in his class, you can laugh all through. His class is one of the most interesting classes I have ever been in. He is the kind of teacher who would joke so well at one point but would be very serious at the other point. Before getting into his class, I didn’t know what to expect. I just went to his class like I always do with all my classes ready for challenges each day. The funny thing is that every day, I was always excited each day I went to his class.
He appreciates every good quality in a student and is always there to encourage you to do better. He doesn’t leave anyone behind and encourages them to meet up. He is a teacher who when he assigns rules, he makes sure you follow them. Anyone who has taken or is in his class would know about the candy jar rules. He always gave us candy every morning but with that candy came rules and consequences. Rules like “only take one at a time” or “never litter candy wrappers in the classroom”. You might not think these rules would that serious but in his class, they were. He made sure he executed them.  
To me, he is not just a teacher, he is a role model. His classes are always lively and there is no day in his class passes without you laughing at one thing or another. Every assignment he gives us, I always knew it related to something we would do in class. He is a teacher who doesn’t mind criticism from students just to prove a point. He is teacher who doesn’t give up and tries as hard as he can for his students to try harder. Every topic he teaches, he always relates it to a real life scenario in other for us to get a better understanding of that topic. You may it happened in the past, so what do we care, but he makes one understand that history happens every day.
He is committed, he is dedicated, he is devoted, he is whole hearted, he is funny and he is a role model. He has thought me to be proud of myself and to never give up and also to try harder. He is one of the best teachers I have had and I am honored to nominate him as Educator of the Year.