Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

January 27, 2015
By Ghoey2020 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Ghoey2020 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Educator of the Year

   Do you have that one teacher that sees well in you even on your terrible days? Mine is my sophomore math teacher Mr. Davis. Mr. Davis is the coolest math teacher to have. He was always helpful when I had issues in class.

   Mr. Davis was a very chilled person when he taught the class and everything was understandable. When he gave us challenging problems he would guide us to how it should be set up. This helped me a lot when figuring out the answer and showed me he had faith that I can get the question correct by myself. Mr. Davis would tell the class about how he was very skilled in martial arts. It was funny to see how some kids would mess with him and they knew there asking for a death wish.

   Mr. Davis would always stress to my class about the importance of his class. He believed the students who didn’t do much in his class could change their ways and do better. He made sure we had plenty of practice for every concept we did so we could master it. It was definitely beneficial in a long run and I remembered how to do certain things from the past. A couple days before a test he would play review games with my class. This was great for me because I’m a visionary learner.

   Mr. Davis cared about all the students in my class as if we were his own. He gave certain kids many chances to make sure they had a decent grade at the end of the marking period. I think this was pretty fair and there shouldn’t be an excuse why everyone cant pass. Mr. Davis was a great role model. He would give me advice on things I should be focus on after high school.

   Mr. Davis enjoys his job as a teacher and comes to work everyday without one complaint. He was always supportive to me and saw me as a hardworking student. I would like to nominate Mr. Davis for educator of the year.