And the Educator of the Year Award goes to... | Teen Ink

And the Educator of the Year Award goes to...

By OwenJ BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida
OwenJ BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_funny.html#Pe2oFhE3gB7CXiiY.99

I have to write about my favourite teacher of all times is Mr. Davendonis. He was a great teacher for many reasons, and a teacher that definitely deserves and award. I think he was one of my favourite teachers ever, and will stay like that for a very long time! I feel like he deserves an award for many reasons.

One of the reasons I think Mr. Davendonis deserves an award is because how friendly he is. He was always really nice as soon as we walked into the classroom, I felt like he was there for me. I also really liked how we did labs pretty much every week, given he was my science teacher. I also liked how he gave us his opinion in matters, and always had fun labs. I also really liked how he did ecology club, not like in the lower school, but in a good way, with snacks and other things that make it fun!

I feel like he deserved this award A LOT because of all his good work as a teacher, and I feel that if you asked more people they would say that Mr. Davendonis would be one of their favourite teachers as well. I feel that people really liked him because of his friendliness, along with how many labs he did, just like me. He allowed us to study a lot in class close to all the test, which was extremely helpful, and also knew when to do the right thing and how. All his classes were well put together, well organized and enjoyable. He was always extremely nice, and helpful if you had a question. Mr. Davendonis also allowed us to call him Mr. D, which made him feel friendly, and it was fun. One of the coolest things I have ever done in one of my classes was in Mr. D’s class. It was a kinda of “Natural Disaster Simulator” that was strategic and fun, yet educational at the same time, and I feel like other people felt the same way.

In conclusion, I think Mr. Davendonis was an amazing teacher for many, MANY reasons, and I think he deserves teacher of the year award 10x over, because he is fun, funny, friendly, helpful, and one of my personal favourite teachers. I really enjoyed being around him and being in his class, because he also gave off a friendly atmosphere, and he was really helpful. I think Mr. D deserves teacher of the year award, and I think you should to.

This is a Mid Year Assesment we had to write for our English class at school. We had 3 topics, and I chose educator of the year. I also chose one of my favourite teachers Mr. Davendonis! Enjoy!