My Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

My Educator of the Year

By Yianni Ioannou BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
Yianni Ioannou BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

I think that Mrs. Mallak deserves the educator of the year award because she has taught me a lot about writing and critical thinking.She was always funny, but serious at the same time. She would always be willing to help me with all of my problems, and the way she acted also help be learn.
First, Mrs. Mallak would always be willing to help me if I had a problem even if it didn’t make sense to her either. she wouldn’t give up until she had the answer. Mrs. Mallak would help me find ideas to fit in to my story and they would always make my story sound a lot better. One time I was writing a nonfiction story about my dream job, but I couldn’t find anything more to describe about it so I asked for help and she gave me some ideas that helped me write a page of jobs and why I wanted them.
Second, she acted in a way that made the classroom quite an enjoyable. It was never to loud in the classroom so I could work and get my stories done. She would make a joke every now and then and that would give the class some laughter. Everyday when I walked into the classroom she had all of her tasks set and ready to go.  Sometimes she would hand out boring and hard work but she would make it sound hard, even though we know that it was not fun.
Since the first day of class I knew that she would be a great teacher even though it was not the most enjoyable class. Although I always felt welcome and never felt unable to do things. The way she handles problems and the way she acts makes her my educator of the year.

I love this artice becasue it really explains Mrs. Mallak and how good of a teacher she was.

Yogo said...
Proud of you