Mrs.Brown | Teen Ink

Mrs.Brown

By emilysuthhh BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
emilysuthhh BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

Having a young teacher is always great. My 5th grade teacher was really young and “fresh out of University.” I thought the year wasn’t going to be fun because my best friend Emmanuelle wasn’t in my class, but that didn’t matter. After I found out who my teacher was, I didn't care who isn’t in my class.    Mrs. Brown was the best teacher anyone could have. She had posters of her favorite bands all around her desk. One of the posters was of The Beatles. She would always play their songs when we took tests, or when we were reading. Apparently a rumor started going around about how she listens to punk rock, and everyone thought it was funny. Mrs. Brown was never afraid to speak her thoughts, and trust me history was always debates between her and a student.  She would always be there for the students both with school and friendships. This one time I didn’t study for a small quiz, and she just took the quiz handed me a book. Then 2 days later she let me take the quiz again. Mrs.Brown always told us that it’s okay not to get things right on the first try. My friends and I always thought she was a guidance counselor in her free time. Everyone loved Mrs. Brown everyone wanted her and I was lucky to have her. She would always pick the best books to read out load, and she would always help with keeping our cubbies clean. Honestly I didn’t know that 24 5th graders could have such messy cubbies, yet mine was so bad I found a bag of old fruit.  Never have I thought that I would be so sad to leave Mrs.Brown. I remember 5th graduation mostly because I was crying most of the time, but because I would be going to middle school. Mrs.Brown delivered a speech that made all of our parents and herself cry. She was such a good teacher that I wish I failed just so I can repeat 5th grade again with her.