Señora | Teen Ink

Señora

January 8, 2015
By Anonymous

There are a good deal of middle school teachers that teach the subjects they have mastered at in life. They all have different personalities; Nice, serious, funny, super smart or annoying. Out of all the teachers I have had, who should win educator of the year? I would want Señora Arazi to win educator of the year award. What does educator of the year even mean? Is it somebody who just teaches students what they need to know to just get it over with or somebody who teaches them in a way that you will remember and makes learning fun? I think the second answer is why I am choosing Señora Arazi.

Senora Arazi is a middle school and high school spanish teacher. She teaches 6th, 7th and 8th grade, but also one or two high school classes throughout the 7 period day we have. She is from the heart and soul of Argentina. She even grew up in Argentina before she moved to the United States. Señora Arazi’s first language is obviously spanish, and she has been teaching spanish for numerous years. Senora Arazi always made class time fun and educational. It was never one of those classes that you dread going too, and believe me, those classes feel like eternal. She was a very fair teacher too. Meaning, she had extra help hours and many review games before a test or quiz to make sure we know our stuff. She never would set you up to fail.

Since spanish is a more complex language than we are used to, it takes more understanding to learn the language so you can be a pro when using spanish throughout your life. Señora Arazi never just gave us new spanish words, told us to learn them and then get ready for a test next week. She did a lot of group, hands on assignments. We would sometimes look up the history of a spanish country and everyone in the group would help put together a powerpoint to present. Or other times, we would play a spanish game with a ball to test if we remembered the new words. It is hard to explain, but there was something about the way she taught and how it helped you with learning spanish. 

I feel that taking a whole year with Señora Arazi helped improve my strengths and weaknesses in the spanish class. Not only that, but my reasons of why she should win educator of year stands out from all the other spanish teachers I have had in the past. My 7th grade spanish teacher always made class time fun and educational, let us do a lot of hands on assignments with a few other people, and was a helpful yet fair teacher that really wanted all of us to succeed. Even though my class was the only class with all girls, she survived and therefore with all of my reasons, I believe she should win educator of the year.


The author's comments:

We wrote this for an assesment that was not going to be graded. Every class had an assesment.