Mr.Acosta the one and onl | Teen Ink

Mr.Acosta the one and onl

By NivM13 BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
NivM13 BRONZE, Parkland, Florida

Teachers, advisors, professors, and principals they all play a role in how we turn out, they paint our yellow brick road on which to follow on. A Teacher does not just simply show you the path to education but the river too life, the river to socialism, and the river to wisdom. They make sure we don’t fall through the cracks and they want us to burst like fireworks with a colorful spray of leadership. To my consent I believe the one teacher that played the most extraordinary role on my life up to this day is my fifth grade teacher Mr.Acosta. He knew the lingos of the teachers and has the walk that needs no talk, he is astonishing with no knowledge of how incredible he is.

Mr.Acosta did not care for those that did not want to learn he gave a private school education within a public school environment. Although this was only fifth grade I think he played a big role in my maturing. He made me what I am today a self sufficient student who can keep his mind on school, family, and myself. A perfect teacher would have a fun when he wanted, like acting crazy by talking in second person so we would all laugh when he told himself to shut up. Or even when he let his students push a button that said “easy” when you scored high on test or exams. What more can I say he is and will always be a multiple dimension person. He’s flat when times are pushed to learning, but when the time changes he can become fat with creativity. Mr.Acosta was the Peanut Butter Jelly of teaching and if he wasn’t there then everything felt glum.

Life always gives us the chance to make something of ourselves and I think Mr.Acosta showed what making the right choices looks like. I knew the day he walked into the classroom I was happy I didn’t get the spongebob loving Mr.Gibson. One of many reasons that Mr.Acosta made me appreciate school and learning was showing me how interesting learning is, and how many things there are to learn about. He made me like school which is hard to do there many reasons to enjoy school. A teacher can just come in do his daily work and leave with no sympathy, but Mr.Acosta wants to know what's wrong is he saw sadness he would come with happiness, and with worry came joy. He would always try to reel you in like a fish but would release you once he was done. He would teach a million students and would have fun with it and thats what makes a good teacher.

If I was half the teacher he was I would be happy with what I did in my life, but to see him here and there just colors my mind up with thought which is what a good teacher does. From the start till the fourth quarter as some would say he didn’t stop to respect he would make sure we gave one hundred and ten percent. I wonder what his up to nowadays, but why wonder when you know he’s probably sending another soul upon the Yellow Brick road. “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” That was spoken once by Brad Henry, and I think every teacher lives by that.

I hope his piece shows what I think a good teacher is.