Ms. Springer | Teen Ink

Ms. Springer

By slhbunny33 BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida
slhbunny33 BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida

You only live once, so if you do it right, once is enough.

Every year before I start school, I think of what an ideal teacher for me would be like. Automatically most kids would think that they give less homework, they help you get good grades, or even that they make you not want to fall asleep. An ideal teacher to me means a lot more than that. Yes helping you get good grades is a good quality in a teacher but they need to make sure you fully understand topics and is open for help if you need them. They also have fun and interesting activities. Not just ones that don’t make you fall asleep but ones that get you interested to learn. Especially when you get to be involved and get a chance to show off your leadership skills and talent. All of these descriptions fit my perfect teacher, Mrs. Springer.
Mrs. Springer is my math teacher this year in 8th grade. Yes I have only known her for a few months now but she has made such a difference in my math class. She makes it easier to understand math, which is really tough, and is open for me to ask questions if I get confused. She also makes a comfortable classroom and let’s us talk about what’s on our minds but we still get work done. Having a comfortable class makes it easier for me to feel comfortable with her. I feel like I can always go talk to her if I need something and I know that she will always make me feel better with whatever I need no matter the situation.
In past years I have struggled with math a lot because I didn't really connect to the teacher. I know that I will not get the same opportunities in life without math so this year having an incredible teacher will really help me get where I need to be. So as I have had class more and more often I have realized that this is the time for me to actually enjoy math. If I am good at the subject it a lot easier to enjoy it. For example, I have a test this week called the SSAT and Mrs. Springer is helping me study for it. Having her explain how to do everything makes me look forward to coming and working with her everyday.
If I didn't have Mrs. Springer as a math teacher this year, I would not be as confident in my classes. She has taught me to always ask questions when I need to, always keep trying and do your best, and to have fun. Because if math wasnt fun, it would be just another class, with just another teacher.