Mrs. Bourne Inspired Me | Teen Ink

Mrs. Bourne Inspired Me

January 8, 2015
By ChristianaC BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
ChristianaC BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever had a teacher that was kind? How about understanding? What about a teacher that was just great at teaching and you learned so much from him/her? Well, I have. Mrs. Bourne is all of these things. She is so kind and understanding just like your mother is. Mrs. Bourne is also strict enough that if you are fooling around, she will tell you to settle down and pay attention. She explains each lesson in depth to make sure that you understand. Mrs. Bourne is a great person.

Mrs. Bourne is kind. She was my Pre- Algebra teacher in 6th teacher.  She was also my advisor. We had the best advisory ever.  If I was ever having a hard day, Mrs Bourne would be the person I would go to. She was also understanding. Anything I told her, she knew what to say or do about it. Mrs. Bourne was like a mother at school for me. She watched out for me when she knew that I was around someone who gave me a hard time. I felt so close to her and I still do even though she is not my teacher anymore. I will still go to her and ask her anything I have to but she is no longer my advisor nor my math teacher. I miss being in her classroom. She is so loving and misses us, as well.

Mrs. Bourne is such a great teacher as well. I learned so much from her. Not only about life but about math. She makes sure that everyone fully understands the lesson before she moves on to another topic. If it hadn’t been for her, I would probably have some trouble in math class by now. She showed me the foundation of everything I have learned thus far in my middle school math career. I wasn’t truly afraid to go to math class everyday because she made it entertaining with all kinds of activities and competitions. Most kids couldn’t wait to go to math class. Math is not my best subject but I think that since I have had Mrs. Bourne, it hasn’t been as difficult. I always get a feeling that she “connected the dots” for me. It makes me happy to think that I was lucky enough to have her as my first math teacher in Middle School.

Mrs. Bourne is kind, understanding, a great teacher, and a great person overall. I learned so much about both life and math. Mrs. Bourne should be recognized as “Teacher of the Year” for many reasons. She set the path a great couple of years and middle school and the rest of my school career. She inspired me everyday. I am so glad that I had the honor of being one of her students. I love Mrs. Bourne.