Pablo Picasso of my Teenage Year | Teen Ink

Pablo Picasso of my Teenage Year

By 16Anna SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
16Anna SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Pablo Picasso of my Teenage life

“Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson I need help.” The yell for the Pablo Picasso of the school is all you hear when you enter room 148.
On the first day of my sophomore year, I walked through the doors of Mr. Johnson’s Art Survey class, five minutes late. Of course everyone looked at me and stared. I was a new student so this was quite embarrassing. There were no seats in the classroom except right in front of the teacher, and who would ever wanna sit there?
Mr. Johnson pulled the chair out for me and said “Welcome.” After he went over all of the welcomes and rules, we had a free time of drawing, so I sat in my desk very quietly while everyone socialized with each other. Mr. Johnson came up to me and asked what my name was, I replied softly, “I am a new student. My name is Anna.” Then all of a sudden, he sat down next to me and talked my ear off. 
I had never understood how a teacher could be so talkative outside of the lesson. Everyday me and Mr. Johnson would talk for about the whole class period. From stories to lessons learned, I looked up to my art teacher for so many reasons. He was my first hour teacher my sophomore year, when I was as tired as can be he was the one to get me energized by talking my ear off.  His stories were like a non-stop comedy show, laughs where all that came out of my mouth as he talked. I also never thought that my art teacher would be as intelligent as google, that guy knows every single answer to any question.
I am now in Mr. Johnson’s ¾ hour class, he is the teacher of my art and jewelry class. I dont know what I would've done if I didn't have that one teacher that made me laugh and enjoy being at school. I would never think that I would look so much upon a high school teacher, but that guy makes life seem so enjoyable and shows me that there is so much to look forward to in my life ahead. I will never forget my high school art teacher, for so many reasons.