Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

October 7, 2014
By Casanova17 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Casanova17 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Educator of the Year

My annoying alarm goes off on September second at 6:30 in the morning for my first day of sophomore. I sat there with a blank stare on my face and ask myself, Why do I have to go to school? then I realized I had class that day with my favorite teacher Mr Wolfe. This filled me with excitement and motivated me to jump right out of bed. He was an average height, with a little scruff as a beard. I don’t know what it was about Mr Wolfe, but he made every effort to be your teacher, your mentor and, most of all, your friend.

Mr, Wolfe had a interesting way of teaching. In a class of 31, he made every boring subject in biology interesting by telling a funny story to go with what we were learning. Not only was he interesting in his teaching, but he also would relate the units we were required to learn to things that could happen in everyday life. He told us stories about himself, his family, and his hobbies. When I did bad on a test, Mr. Wolfe would always give me the opportunity to do test corrections or take the test again because all he wants is to see his students succeed. Not only did Mr. Wolfe act like a teacher, but he also acted like your friend.

Mr. Wolfe was not just a biology teacher, but he set up a nature center outside in the backyard at our school. He welcomed everyone in the door even if you didn’t have him as a teacher. Mr Wolfe was like your friend he was always there to talk to me if i need to get something off my chest, he was understanding, and he was funny. Inside the nature center were slithering snakes, painted turtles, hairy tranchulas, fish, and scariest stuffed animals he had from hunting. The nature center was not just for students at Brookfield East High school. Elementary schools, and middle schools from around the area would also come for a field trip, and Mr. Wolfe would take time out of his day to show the children around.

I could be having the hardest day and I would not never feel like I had no one to talk to thanks to Mr. Wolfe. One day during third hour, when I was in math, I found out my dad had gone to the hospital, and no one knew why. Right as third hour ended, I ran straight to Mr. Wolfe’s classroom. He asked me, “Arden, are you okay!?” I didn’t answer and at that moment, he knew something was wrong. He sat down with me and listened to everything I said. I could trust him with any of my problems. Mr. Wolfe acted as a lifeguard saving my life from drowning in sorrow.
Not only is Mr. Wolfe trustworthy, but when he teaches, it feels like one on one teaching everyday. I will always appreciate everything Mr. Wolfe does to make me and other children better students. He is a teacher, a friend, a mentor. He is Mr. Wolfe.