Mrs. Jurewicz | Teen Ink

Mrs. Jurewicz

By Jenayesina SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jenayesina SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Mrs. Jurewicz, also known as Mrs. J was my sophomore Biology teacher and my junior Science Tech & Society and Science Tech & Forensics teacher. She was, is, and always will be, my inspiration. She has encouraged me to do my best and to try my hardest in all that I do inside and outside of school.
I had lots of personal problems she would take the time to listen to and help me try to solve. She was able to tell how I was feeling just by the look in my eyes. Everything I told her (no matter how bad it was), she never judged me. She accepted me for who I really am, not for the person I try to be in this school.
I would stay after class and miss lunch just to talk to her about what was going on. It became a daily thing first semester junior year. She would do what she could to try and make me feel better or to try and help me through my problems.
When I would stay after class to talk to her, we would talk about everything. From the problems with me and my dad to the day she took me to the office for my depression getting the worst of me, Mr. J would try to give me her best advice to help me get through my problems. She would try to understand me.
As I walked into class each day, I would hear Mrs. J’s calm soothing voice say, “Good morning, Jena! How’s it goin’?” For some reason, everyday she would greet me I would always smile. It was a nice feeling to be noticed by a teacher personally. Most other teachers would just greet the whole class rather than just me.
No matter how chaotic her class is due to everything being hands on, she always remains calm, cool, and collected.  The class could be on fire and she would still remain calm. Her old fashioned ways of teaching are well explained and easy to understand.
Mrs. J  has a great sense of humor, even though sometimes I would only laugh because how hard she would sometimes try to be funny. She also is such a sweetheart. If I’m having a off day, she would understand and she would try to make me feel better, or she would take five minutes to listen to what’s going on with me and offer to talk after class if I wanted to. She was there for me when I thought I had no one.
Mrs. Jurewicz was, is, and always will be, my inspiration. She gave me the faith that I could graduate high school and do something in life.