Mr. Bisbee | Teen Ink

Mr. Bisbee

October 6, 2014
By Mr.Zesty SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mr.Zesty SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Some feel the rain. Others get wet." -Bob Marley


Educator of the Year: Mr. Bisbee

Imagine walking amongst a hallway of zombies and then filing into a room. All of the sudden, the curse is lifted and you feel alive and alert. This is the feeling I felt when walking into Mr. Bisbee’s 3-4th hour biology class every B-day my sophomore year.

Walking into class the first day of second semester, I was greeted by not only Mr. Bisbee and my classmates, but a whole border of exotic animals in various containers. The first one that caught my eye was Mr. Bisbee’s prized possession, Mr. Slithers. Whether it be putting on a show during a lab or trying to escape during a lesson, Mr. Slithers was always a class favorite. Mr. Bisbee could make the room such a fun place, simply by sharing his hobby of animal care with us all.

Mr. Bisbee was also as unpredictable as a pair of dice. Hiding behind that scruffy beard and glasses was a mad scientist. You never knew what you would be walking into everyday. Sometimes, it was just plain old biology. Other times, he would like to throw in a little “twist.” Whether it be turning the room into a movie theatre, having a bio-themed square dance, or even bringing in live chickens, Mr Bisbee always knew how to spice things up to keep our short teenage attention span.

Not only was Mr. Bisbee fun, but he may be the best teacher hands down at Arrowhead. It may be because he has been teaching for so long, but I believe it is 100% due to his passion. Biology isn’t just a job for Mr. Bisbee, it’s a passion. At home or school, during summer or fall, Mr. Bisbee is always on the clock as far as Biology goes.  


The author's comments:

Mr. Bisbee teaches Biology at Arrowhead Highschool