Elaine Russell

I had a teacher that I had for choir. But the thing was she just didn’t teach me music. She taught me that I had and still have people that care about me. She taught me I was strong and no matter what happens in my life I can get through it. I no longer go the school she taught at but she still inspires to this very day. I remember this one time when I was still living with my mother, it was afterschool and I had come back to get tutoring lessons with another teacher. The teacher had to leave early for an emergency before I had even got to the school. And my mother had told me that I had to find my own way home. She refused to come and pick me up. So I went to Mrs. Russell, crying my eyes out. She immediately stopped what she was doing and talked to me. She got me calm enough that I would talk to her. It was then that I realized that there were people who do care about me. I was scared to trust people because of getting my heart broken so many times before, but with Mrs. Russell over a very short period of time, I trusted her full heartedly. I know think of her daily and miss talking to her. She always knew how to make me laugh and smile. She always stopped the stress in my life in its tracks. It didn’t always last but it was good to have an hour of stress free time, in her class. I will never forget what Mrs. Russell has done for me. And I know without a shadow of a doubt if she hadn't reached out for me and keep trying even when I refused the help I would not be standing here today. I would have committed suicide. And for this I will always be eternally grateful.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

supergirl1006This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:57 pm:
please tell me what u think