Educator of the year | Teen Ink

Educator of the year

By DFalasca BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
DFalasca BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Educator of the Year Nomination
Ms. Lindsey Blum

EOY

It is with absolute pleasure and great pride that I write this letter for Mrs. Blum’s candidacy for Educator of the Year. Mrs. Blum was my 8th grade English teacher and my favorite teacher through middle school and high school so far. It is an honor for me to recommend her for Educator of the Year.

During the 8th grade year we learned about the Holocaust; I think this is the most I have been interested in any topic in any class ever. During this lesson we read about Anne Frank and read Night by Elie Wiesel. I think if it wasn’t for Mrs. Blum, I would have not been interested, and I wouldn’t have understood this topic as well as I do.

Mrs. Blum also set up fantastic field trips; one was to Washington D.C. That trip was the most fun trip of the 8th grade. We went to the White House, the Capital building and the Holocaust Museum. These places were related to the topics we were learning about at the time. Everyone that went had a fantastic time and didn’t complain the whole day.

Mrs. Blum also cares immensely about her students; every time I needed a book, she would take time out of her busy schedule to help me find a book that I would enjoy reading. She kept a very wide selection of books in her classroom so every student always had a book they liked. In 8th grade I had to read 8 books for English class, and Mrs. Blum helped me out every time I needed a new book.

Mrs. Blum, deserves to win the Educator of the Year Award, She has all of the qualities of a great educator, and she works very hard; she should be recognized for being the great educator that she is.