Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

March 31, 2014
By AndiiGirl BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
AndiiGirl BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
be who you want to be, not what others want you to be.


While entering into my junior year of high school I was pretty nervous mostly because of switching campuses, on my first day of school I met a wonderful teacher who was nice enough to show me around and get in the habit of different routines to get too my classes. Mrs. Hamilton was my teacher for her voice seminar class which turned out to be pretty interesting after the first few classes I had with her the class was about figuring out where you’re going to be after high school. I really enjoyed going to her class and being able to obtain more information from what she was teaching me and the rest of the class the basic information of how to be on your own after high school. I really enjoyed her lessons and her way of explaining something I really liked, the way she explained a question to a student by showing them the steps. Then she’d the student try to do it on their own and if the student was still struggling, she would pull up a chair and help out. She always has this spirit of happiness, I don’t know how she does it, but it’s really inspiring to see a teacher with such a great attitude towards a student. She is the definition of a great role model.

I have never met a teacher like Mrs. Hamilton who loves her job more than anything. She makes sure all of her students are on the right track to an excellent life of success, and a brighter future for themselves. Meeting Mrs. Hamilton last year was the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is the person I vent my problems to and she is a caring person who will do anything to help me do better in school. I am so fortunate I met a caring, welcoming teacher .she helped me do better with my school work and she made me become a better person.