Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By celiag415 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
celiag415 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

I would rather wear flowers in my hair then diamonds on my neck

Rachel Grimes is one of my role models. She graduated from the University of Delaware. She works as a substitute teacher in the state of Delaware and surrounding area. Rachel also works as a Juice Plus distributor. As a Juice Plus distributor she educates people about Juice Plus and works to build her own Juice Plus team. I admire her because she has taught me so much about the game of basketball and dedicated a lot of her time to making us better athletes.
Recently, Rachel and I have become very close. I first met her when she became my basketball coach back in the fall. She has pushed me to limits I never thought I would be able to reach. She has helped me to set good goals for myself. After working with her, I have definitely seen a lot of improvement in my game, and especially my shot. Rachel has helped me see how much room I have for improvement and she has helped me realize what I need to do to fulfill it.
Rachel and the rest of the girls also have built a very strong relationship in the past few months. She created a special relationship with her team. Her goal was always to help everyone improve and reach their fullest potential. When the season started, most of us barely knew each other, but by the end it looked like we had been playing together for years. She was always working on new plays we could run, improving our press, and getting us in shape. She even set us up with one of her former coaches to help us work on the fundamentals. Rachel really wanted to help us improve our skills and improve as all around athletes.
Rachel has many good qualities. I think that one of her best qualities is determination. At the beginning of the season she promised to make all of us better all-around basketball players. Throughout the season she worked hard to make sure we were having fun and improving our skills. She was determined to keep working until every single one of us understood. She also was always encouraging us to train hard so we could become better all-around athletes.
I am very thankful to have Rachel Grimes as my coach and I think that she would be a perfect candidate for this award. She encouraged us to always work hard and to become better athletes. She taught us that there is always room for improvement, and you won’t improve until you work. I always looked forward to practice every day because she made it fun. I think that Rachel would be a great candidate for Educator of the Year.