Teen Ink Educator of the Year/ Doug Norman | Teen Ink

Teen Ink Educator of the Year/ Doug Norman

By Squadboy56 BRONZE, Honoraville, Alabama
Squadboy56 BRONZE, Honoraville, Alabama

My teacher of the year nominee is Doug Norman. He was my history teacher 9th through 11th grade and is currently one of my assistant football coaches at Highland Home School. He is a great person and cares for his students and his football players. He is a great teacher, he is very involved in the community, and is a great football coach. That are the reasons why I selected Coach Doug Norman.

First, Coach Norman is a great teacher. His method of teaching is unique and will help you retain the information you have learned. He was great detailed notes that we write down during his class. He doesn't just give us the notes like other teachers, he tells us exciting stories behind each note. Most importantly, he makes the classroom fun and that makes the students want to learn about History.

Second, he is involved in the community. He is the sponsor of the Student Government Association and makes sure that everything is perfect. With some of the money he raises through SGA he purchases banners and flags to put up through-out the school campus and the main highway in front of our school. He plans the Veterans Day program every year for the community. He invites the veterans from our community that has previously served and recognizes them. Those are some of the ways Doug Norman is invoked in the community.

Lastly, he is a great football coach. He teaches us helpful football techniques that we use during games. He teaches us good life lessons about becoming the best person to be. He teaches us to not give up, no matter how bad the situation may seem, like playing against a good football team and never giving up. Those are the examples that make Coach Doug Norman a great chose for an nominee.

Coach Doug is a very good role model to me