Ms. Rebecca Sims | Teen Ink

Ms. Rebecca Sims

October 25, 2013
By Anonymous

If I was to have to pick a teacher who had spectacular knowledge, great leadership, a influential role model, and just an amazing teacher with all the traits wrapped into one I would have to go with my English teacher ms. Rebecca Sims. When I first came highland home school from Greenville I have to be completely honest I could not really understand literature neither did I know how to write essays, until I met Ms. Sims my junior year she has taught me so much I feel If I was ever to have to go back to Greenville I would be 5 steps above everybody else. I give this credit to Ms. Sims.



Ms. Sims has a very unique teaching style she combines a very serious teaching style by giving us work to prepare for college but also taking us through it to make it easier. At times she can be hard on us but its not because she wants to be mean to us, but to encourage us to work to our potential. She also helps us whenever me or another student is upset, down, or having a bad day she boost us up by giving us advice or commenting on us. Some people may think as ms sims as a teacher who gives to mush work or is the hardest teacher ever, but as you progress through her class you learn she's just preparing your for the future.



Ms. Sims is not just an extraordinary teacher but is a big part of our school participating in the after school program, the senior sponsor, the English honor society sponsor and the senior sponsor. Everyday after school Ms. Sims goes to watch the younger children until their parents come and pick them up. Even though these kids are so young they admire Ms sims. Also every year Ms sims buys seniors sweatshirt, shorts, shirts, and sweatpants with the whole classes signatures on them. As you can see Ms.sims does more than just be a teacher.


In this essay I would also like to talk about what Ms. Sims has done for me individually. Starting off the year I had to pass one more part of the Alabama High school Graduation Exam, the English section. Ms sims helped me pass by giving a list of vocabulary words that are usually on test such as the grad exam that I may not have know. This list of vocabulary words became very helpful in passing this test. Ms. Sims is currently helping me to prepare for the ACT. She also gives me lists of vocabulary words to help me get a better understanding of what questions are asking, improve my comprehensive skills, and expand my vocabulary. She also gives me literature to read so when comes time for me to take the reading part of the ACT I will understand the story's, paragraphs, sentences better. As you can tell she has been a tremendous help to me.

In the past the student that have graduated from highland home always seem to come back and thank teacher primarily Ms. Sims. They often say many assignments given to them by their college professors are assignment related to the work given to them by Ms. Sims. They always tell current student that you may not think it now but when in college you well appreciate what she has done because college will be so much easier. In my opinion Ms. Rebecca Sims is a worthy candidate for this award and I believe is truly deserving for all the hard work she does for preparing students for their future.