Educator of the year: Michelle Mansmann | Teen Ink

Educator of the year: Michelle Mansmann

October 25, 2013
By HonestyRana125 BRONZE, Lapine, Alabama
HonestyRana125 BRONZE, Lapine, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
For those who Hope in the Lord Will Renew their strength. They shall soar on wings like eagles. They shall walk and not grow weary... they shall run and not grow faint. -Isaiah 40:31 NIV


Teen Ink Educator of the Year: Michelle Mansmann
?Dan Rather, American journalist and former CBS news anchor once declared, “A dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth’.” Many students doubtlessly identify their “favorite teacher”. However, I have never been able to pinpoint my favorite teacher; that was until I met Michelle Mansman my freshman year in my Business Finance class. I am beyond blessed to proclaim that I have found a teacher who has guided me through not only the plateaus of my life, but also the mountains. She not only has a marvelous style of teaching, but is involved in our school, and has touched my and many other students’ hearts in an impacting way. Because of this, I know Mrs. Mansman should without a doubt be recognized as educator of the year.

?Michelle Mansman, or “Manzy” as most of her students call her, has a superb method of teaching each and every one of her students in her computer and business classes. She obviously has discovered that if you can make someone smile while teaching them, they will grasp onto the concept more efficiently. After all, any kind of teaching is an art. Mrs. Mansmann should be called the Michelangelo of Highland Home High School in Highland Home Alabama. She is very hands-on teacher, and has absolutely no problem answering questions. Manzy has an extraordinary amount of patience and sensitivity in dealing with specific students’ learning scales and speeds. I truly believe that Mrs. Mansman loves what she does. She is not only an instructional leader; she is also involved in the school in an astounding number of distinct ways.

?Michelle Mansman is an extraordinary computer and business teacher, but this inspiring woman is also the yearbook advisor, BASIC leader, and much more to the students and parents of our small community. She has two young sons who attend our school and participate in extracurricular activities. She never misses a game and serves as an encourager and role model to her sons and their teammates. Similarly, she attends each and every varsity football game, camera in her hand. Manzy does not miss a moment, and never fails to scream, “Go Big Blue!” Mrs. Michelle Mansman is the leader of Brothers and Sisters in Christ (BASIC), and rightfully so. Her Christian morals inspire me to become a better person. She has entirely influenced and impacted my life, my character, and my way of thinking.

?Michelle Mansman is the kind of person who would do absolutely anything I her power to assist anybody in need. She demonstrates care and compassion in her classrooms, and especially on an individual basis. Personally, she has been more than just my computer teacher or my BASIC leader. Manzy has been my encourager, my friend, my shoulder to cry on, the person I can confide in, and my role model. I have a constant habit of walking upon trials and troubling times, not just in my own life, but the lives of my classmates as well. I know God uses her to reach out to these troubled souls. Each and every time she has been here for my peers and me. She comforts the hurting and takes action, pointing them in the appropriate direction. Her love and compassion stretches wider than any expanse imaginable.

?I honestly could not think of another woman or man more qualified for this honor than Highland Home School’s very own Michelle Mansman. She is a wonderful person, and in many ways, an angel in disguise in our small, close knit community. I could only hope to one day be just half of what she means to me. Her style of teaching, involvement in our school and community, and her personal relationships she has formed with her students truly set her apart from the rest. Manzy is more than qualified to be considered Teen Ink’s Educator of the Year. Regardless of the outcome, in my eyes, Manzy is my educator of the year… every year.