the teacher that could | Teen Ink

the teacher that could

March 11, 2013
By blythe asbell BRONZE, Desoto, Kansas
blythe asbell BRONZE, Desoto, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Betsy Morken
The Teacher That Could
Mrs. Morken was my 7th and 8th grade history teacher. She knew me and my personality. She cared for me; even if I was struggling she helped me get back up. Caring would be an understatement for what she did for. She loved to teach and see the smiles on everyone’s faces. Not only did she teach history but she also directed plays for the Jr. High. Last year we did the play Suessical and that takes a lot of work. It was a fabulous performance that everyone enjoyed. All she did was serve us taught us helped us. I don’t know what I would do without her being my teacher. She could have let us fail she could of let us. I could not imagine the time and dedication it takes to teach Jr. High kids. We were crazy and all she was calm and sweet giving and loving. I remember this one time right before the finals started she brought food to help us understand the war we were studying and it helped. Can you imagine your favorite teacher? Well, imagine her ten times better because that’s all Mrs. Morken is. You can’t help but be in a good mood when you see her she just makes you feel great about yourself. She came Day after day coming to teach rowdy jr. higher, and not ever complaining. Anything she did or said would only benefit others. She loved God and it really shined through her. She touched so many of the kids’ lives and she probably didn’t even know. She makes you want to try hard to achieve your goal in the end. She wanted To get sunshine to shine through everyone when you talk to them in every way possible. If you ever had a bad day she would pray for you and give it all she had. Can you even think of t? Being inspired by a teacher who would know! She gave us projects that fit to are abilities. That why I loved her. She smiled even when you were getting in trouble. If we did something we weren’t supposed to, she would be upset, but wouldn’t shut us down like some other teachers would. She loved us more than a fat kid loved cake.